I hope that in these times of uncertainty you have managed to keep a healthy lifestyle and to maintain a healthy perspective. It seems like 2020 threw in some real challenges for all of us, and the truth is we’re not still sure when all of this will be finished.
During the past couple of months, I have tried as much as I could to pause and listen to people. A lot of my friends and family were experiencing the same – uncertainty, anxiety, fear, and, sometimes, insomnia.
One of the things that helped me immensely was our furry friends: 2 dogs and a cat (Zara, Nika and Suca).
So, I want to dedicate this post today to either taking better care of your furry friends or, if you’re thinking of adopting a furry friend, share some resources on how and where to do that 🙂
Although people often think that your dog or a cat can eat all that you do – this is obviously a myth. Besides sugar like chocolate or raisins that can be highly toxic for your dog, other foods that you should not feed your dog are:
- Caffeine, alcohol
- Certain nuts
Here is the list of some of the resources to help you out with this topic:
- Foods Your Dog Should Never Eat
- 28 Foods Not To Feed Your Dog (And A List Of Those You Can)
- Human Foods Dogs Can and Can’t Eat
- Foods that can be poisonous to pets
- Foods Your Cat Should Never Eat
- 14 Human Foods You Shouldn’t Give to Your Cat
Toys that are safe for your pets
It is possible that you have read some scary essays and reports concerning toxins that can easily be found in your pets toys. Naturally, you want to keep your pet safe so here’s how to tell if the toy is pet-safe – reading what it is made of and searching online for specific composition is quite good.
Also, here are some resources to help you out:
- How to Find Non-Toxic Dog Toys and Tell If a Toy is Safe
- 12 Safe Pet Toys to Keep Your Cat or Dog Occupied for Hours
- Search through the Archive Pet Supply Data
- Dog toys: How to pick the best and safest
Keeping your pet cool during summer
A lot of misconceptions about this one. As temperatures rise here are some resources on how to keep your pet cool:
- How to Keep Your Dog Cool When It’s Hot Outside
- How to keep dogs cool in the summer heat
- Keep pets safe in the heat
- Keeping your pet cool during summer
Pet blogs to follow
Here is the list of general blogs about pets, blogs about dogs or cats, that might help you understand and take better care of your pet! Don’t forget – pets are family!
- Pet Life Today
- The Dog People (Powered by Rover)
- The Dog Bakery
- Healthcare For Pets
- To be continued…